It’s the earnings report of my first year. Well, in July 2011 I published my first game (Even Or Odd), and on November 2011 I released my Second games (Morra MatchSticks). Both run on Android. Continue reading “Annual income report – 2012”
Today my game Even Or Odd was approved on BlackBerry App World. It‘s available for Playbook.
Please, go there and give it a try. It’s free!
Hi. This is the fourth post I’m writing about how I published my first game.
In the previous one I’ve wrote about how I’ve defined the assets I would need for the game.
I’m not designer so I was decided to hire a professional to do all the art for me.
There are some issues I should address:
- where would I find them?
- how to chose the best one and still keep my budget?
- how to specify what I need?
- how to pay? In advance? I don’t think so.
The last post I told you how I decided which game I’d develop. Moreover, I’ve explained how I wish to represent the game in the mobile device.
To recap, Even or Odd rules are::
– there are two players. One designated even and the other one designated odd. One player is a human being and the other is a robot.
– each one can show any number of fingers between zero and five.
– the sum of both fingers is either an even or an odd number. This defines who won.
To represent all possible hands each player could chose I would need at least five hands. But it would be a little confusing to show both users hands pointing to the same side.
Now that EvenOrOdd is published I will write a series of articles explaining the process of my first game development. I will do it hoping to help anyone that like me wants to develop for the mobile platform and don’t know how to start.
I’m planning to split articles as follow:
- Introduction (this post):
- how did I decide which platform I would first develop
- what framework I would use (if any)
- what kind of game I would develop and its features.
- how to hire a graphic artist.
- monetization strategy.
- hot site.
- posts asking for beta testers
- forum posts asking for reviews
- post about the game